Business Office Open Weekdays 6:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m.
Mart (Thrift Store) Open Wed, Thu, Fri: 10 – 5; Sat: 10 – 2 Donations Accepted: Thu, Fri: 10–4; Sat: 10–1
- There is a 6 week menu cycle which includes a variety of items; the goal is to not repeat a meal in that 6 week time frame, if possible.
- The cost is $4.25 a meal, but a sliding scale is also available for those who need it.
- We are able to tailor our meals to meet most dietary needs, including, but not limited to: low salt, diabetic, and renal diets.
- Hot meals are delivered M-F from 10:30 to 1:00. Frozen meals are available for weekends and holidays.
- Meals on Wheels has two registered dietitians on staff who ensure that all of the meals are healthy and well balanced.
- Meals on Wheels operates in conjunction with the Laramie County Department of Health and the State of Wyoming’s Department of Aging.
- Skim milk and 2% milk are available to the clients with their hot meals. Juice is sent out in the frozen meals.
- If a person is not at home for their meal delivery, and there are no instructions from the client as what to do with the meal, it is returned to Meals on Wheels. For health and safety reasons, when no one is home, meals can only be left in a refrigerator or freezer or in a cooler containing ice.
- A blizzard box is provided to each client to use in case an emergency occurs and meals are not able to be delivered; however, every attempt is made to ensure that the clients have enough food, even in emergency situations.