Together, We Can Deliver
The aging population is escalating rapidly, and so is the need for volunteers. Join our group of volunteers who are the heart of our organization. It doesn't take much from each of us to improve the lives of so many. Together, we can make a huge difference for seniors in our community.
All volunteers can receive a meal on the day that they come in.
- Regular Drivers Monday-Friday
- Be assigned a consistent route every week. Most routes are currently assigned, but can change. Let us know if you are interested in a regular route throughout the year.
- Summer/Seasonal Drivers Monday-Friday
- Summer drivers needed May-August to drive a regular route when drivers are out of town.
- Substitute Drivers
- Substitute Drivers sign up to drive only as needed on certain days.
- Kitchen Assistant Monday-Friday
- Sign up to assist in the kitchen to prepare and package meals
- Office Assistant Monday-Friday
- Sign up to help in the office with new projects, and fundraisers
Other Ways to Help
- Create We Care Packages--For every holiday, birthday and at times of need, Meals on Wheels and our community of generous volunteers deliver a special gift bag to our seniors to say, "We Care." Often coupled with personal notes from the individuals who created the packages, it is a sure way to brighten someone's day.
- Compose hand-written cards to be delivered to our seniors--cards should not be sealed
- Volunteer at a Meals on Wheels fundraising event
- Host an event (in-person or online) with Meals on Wheels as a beneficiary
- Think outside of the box, and create your own project! We welcome new ideas
Complete our Volunteer Application to get started helping those in need in our community.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most volunteer opportunities are for 1-1 1/2 hours.
If you are interested in delivering meals, it can be done on a lunch hour (between 10am-1pm)
If you are interested in assisting in the kitchen, help is needed between 8am-11am
If you are interested in assisting in the office, you can come in for any amount of time between 6:30am-2:30pm
Volunteers are needed Monday-Friday, with most opportunities occurring between 8am and 1pm.
The bulk of our opportunities happen Monday-Friday 8am-1pm. There are occasions when we might have an event happening, and we always welcome volunteers to join us.
Meals on Wheels of Cheyenne is closed on all major holidays. Meals are delivered to clients in the days before the holiday to ensure our clients have food.